We are proud to share with you the standards that we abide by and respect when working with each client. This Code of Ethics is a set of principles to provide guidelines in our professional conduct with our clients, colleagues, and community.
We pledge to exercise judgment, self-restraint, and conscience in my conduct to establish and maintain public confidence in the integrity of NAPO members and to preserve and encourage fair and equitable practices among all who are engaged in the profession of organizing. And as a member of AADMM we pledge to provide a high standard of money management services for personal or business needs to clients who choose us to become a member of their financial team. As Daily Money Managers, we do not act as accountants, financial advisors or attorney’s unless separately educated and properly licensed to do so.
- We will serve my clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity, and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
- We will offer services in those areas in which we are qualified and will accurately represent those qualifications in both verbal and written communications.
- When unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for services, we will make every effort to recommend the services of other qualified organizers and/or other qualified professionals when additional knowledge and expertise are required.
- We will advertise our services in an honest manner and will represent our professional skills accurately. While ensuring any licenses, registrations, certifications, or insurances required are kept current in order to protect all clients to the fullest.
- We will keep confidential all client information, both business and personal, including that which may be revealed by other professionals or associates.
- We will use proprietary client information only with the client’s permission.
- We will keep client information confidential and not use it to benefit myself or my firm or reveal this information to others.
- We will decide independently and communicate clearly to our clients in advance our fees and expenses, and will charge fees and expenses which we deem reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with our experience, the services we deliver, and the responsibility we accept.
- We will make recommendations for products and services with the client’s best interests in mind.
- We will seek and maintain an equitable, honorable, and cooperative association with other NAPO and AADMM members and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
- We will respect the intellectual property rights (materials, titles, and thematic creations) of my colleagues, and other firms and individuals, and will not use proprietary information or methodologies without permission.
- We will act and speak on a high professional level so as not to bring discredit to the organizing and money manager professions.
Privacy and security of your data is very important to us. We will use the highest level of caution in handling, transporting, and communicating your data to you and other authorized recipients.